Wildcats continue losing streak against Cal High, Foothill, Livermore and San Ramon

On Oct. 21, Wildcat football was looking to end their scoring drought and three game losing streak, but ultimately fell to the San Ramon Wolves, 49-0 .

On Sept. 30, DVHS went up against an old friend and former assistant of Coach Mr. Tisa, Ryan Partridge, who is now the head coach of the Livermore Cowboys. During the first half of the game, Livermore’s quarterback, senior Austin Birdwell, struggled by throwing one pick to Dougherty player Jake Longson and another to Wildcat Steven Bratcher to complete 13 of his 23 attempted passes. However, Birdwell did have a touchdown pass that saved his night.

Although the Livermore quarterback made two touchdowns during the night, DVHS did make some noise during the second quarter, ending their scoring drought with a touchdown and bringing the first half’s score to 24-7. The second half was quiet though; the Wildcat defensive line managed to keep the Cowboys from reaching the end zone or even kicking a field goal. However, despite keeping Livermore out of the end zone, DVHS only scored another seven points. Despite tough defensive efforts, DVHS lost to the Livermore cowboys, 24-14.

Next up for DVHS was one of the EBAL’s finest, Matt Sweeney and the Foothill Falcons. But these Falcons were not the same Falcons that won last year’s EBAL Title against Amador Valley with a dominant 12-1 record, as the Wildcats held them to just 35 points.  Unfortunately, the Wildcats ended in another loss, 35-7.

During the game, the Wildcats faltered against Foothill, allowing 35 points in the process. However the Wildcats did have strong moments. Sophomore Carlos Corrales sacked Foothill’s Ben Woodridge. Junior Daniel Tang would later sack Woodridge as well.  Senior Leon Komatsu also had a good night, picking off Woodridge once and scoring the Wildcats’ only touchdown of the game.

On Oct. 14, Dougherty Valley suffered another loss during their Homecoming game against California High School, 45-0. The Wildcats were off to a bad start as the first quarter ended 21-0.

After their jump start in the first quarter,  the Grizzlies raged on with two more touchdowns. Despite Cal’s impressive offense, the Wildcats did force three turnovers on Cal, (all fumbles.  Unfortunately, Dougherty’s offense could never find the end zone as they got their third shutout of their 10 game season.

On Oct. 21, Dougherty Valley lost 49-0 against San Ramon Valley Wolves.

In the first quarter the Wildcats were off to a rough start with 0-7 on the scoreboard with only eight minutes left in the quarter. Soon after the Wolves gained another touchdown with 7:24 left in the quarter. Wildcat players Steven Bratcher, Christian Smith, Jack Wang and Daniel Tang soon made multiple impressive tackles, preventing the Wolves from making more touchdowns. Unfortunately, with only a minute left in the quarter, the Wolves made another touchdown, ending 0-21.

The start of the second quarter was also rough for the Wildcats, with an interception by San Ramon Valley while only 10 minutes were left on the clock until halftime. However, the Wildcats did come back with a bang. Wildcat players Xavier Coleman and Michael Smith took down a San Ramon Valley player as he was making a run for the end zone. Wildcats made another outstanding play leading to an interception by Steven Bratcher. With only six minutes until halftime, the Wolves mad another touchdown, leaving the scoreboard at 0-28. Soon after, the Wolves scored another touchdown, making the score 0-35. Although Wildcat player Daniel Tang made another stunning tackle, San Ramon Valley scored two more touchdowns with two minutes left.

The second half of the game was quiet with the Wildcats’ defense game growing as they prevented any more scoring by the Wolves. The Wolves tried for a field goal to increase their score but did not make the goal due to a strong Wildcat front line.

Even with the rough season so far, football coach Nick Tisa said that “it isn’t about the wins or losses  but cherishing the seniors to play their last game.”

Wildcat football will face the Granada Matadors on Oct. 28 and the Dublin Gaels on Nov. 4.  

Wildcat football will face Granada High School on Oct. 28 and school rivals Dublin High School on Nov. 4.