Advice Column 19-20: Week 4

Hello DV students – thank you for submitting to the Wildcat Tribune’s advice column! We’ve tried our best to answer your questions for this week.

Disclaimer: The advice of the Wildcat Tribune Advice Column is provided by students, for students. While we have your best interests in mind, and we will try our best to help you, we are not expert sources for more serious topics. Our advice is intended to support you and help guide your decisions, but you are in no ways obligated to take it. Please email the Tribune if you feel the need to reach out for any kind of help or follow up for any inquiries.

There will soon be a tab on the DVHS website for the Wildcat Tribune where the forms will be posted every week. Until then, remember that the form link will always be on our instagram account @wildcat.tribune and on the website!

The Tribune reserves the right to abstain from responding/publishing any submission. Please refrain from explicitly referencing other individuals in your submissions and/or using explicit language, as doing so may warrant the partial or total redaction of your question. We will not tolerate threats directed towards other students, and we will not respond to questions that we determine to be offensive or violent in nature.

Q: How many people can I invite to my sweet 16th birthday party? Can I invite acquaintances who I want to become close friends? What about people who I haven’t really hung out with or talked much to in years? Is a birthday party a good place to reconnect with others? I really want to invite as much people as I can, but I don’t want my invitees to think of me as weird or desperate for friends. Please help!

-Sweet 16

A: I think that you can invite anyone you want – as long as you’re having fun and you feel comfortable and happy around the people you ask, it doesn’t matter if you invite a lot of people. Most likely, these people will feel satisfied that you wanted them to be there, and that’ll start the friendships you’re hoping for! To conclude, as long as they’re not strangers who you’ve only talked to 2-3 times, you should be fine inviting whoever you want!

Happy sweet sixteen!

Amrita 🙂

Q: What are some places around here that you would recommend for the holidays? lol you guys forgot to close this

-lol

A: Hey, lol!

So it depends on what you are looking for in terms of “holiday.” I don’t travel much, so I love staying local. Along with “basic” festive holiday places where you can find festive drinks such as peets and Starbucks, City Center is opening a skating rink in November! I would also recommend spending time with your family and indulging in homemade food and the holidays, no matter how you celebrate. 🙂

Thanks,

Daniela W.