5 frozen Trader Joe’s foods that will melt your soul

Suhani Kashyap
Trader Joe’s Chicken Soup Dumplings make for a quick, easy, and comforting meal when coupled with chicken broth, chili flakes, and spring onions.

I wouldn’t describe myself as a particularly lazy person, though there are certainly times where I’m hungry and scarcely have the motivation to get out of bed,  let alone cook a whole meal. Thankfully, the stars aligned and allowed me to be born in the era of Trader Joe’s (TJ)! Their frozen and refrigerated meals and snacks have not only kept me alive, quite literally, during my lazy moments but have also motivated and recharged me with their superior quality, originality and flavor.

Chicken Soup Dumplings

As the crisp, cold weather catches up to us, there’s nothing more comforting than a warm, delicious bowl of soup. Take that soup and wrap it in a doughy dumpling wrapper, filled with a flavorful punch of chicken and broth. I’m trying my best, but words can’t describe exactly how absolutely delicious these soup dumplings are, especially since all you have to do is pop them in the microwave. Biting into one of these can be compared to setting off a bomb of flavor in your mouth. Pair this with the Crunchy Chili Onion from Trader Joe’s and you have the most flavorful, comforting and effortless meal possible.

Garlic Naan

As an avid garlic bread lover, I think the Trader Joe’s Garlic Naan may just be my favorite variation. With just the right amount of garlic, this flatbread is crispy on the outside and pillowy on the inside and pairs perfectly with TJ’s Indian foods but shines just as brightly on its own. As long as it’s not over baked, TJ’s Garlic Naan is one of the most scrumptious items in their freezer section.

Chocolate Lava Cake

These are the definition of a midnight snack in my book. With 50 seconds in the microwave and a scoop of ice cream, these chocolatey-gooey cakes are the cure to any chocolate craving – the perfect sweet treat for a lazy night in. The only down side about these is that they only come in a pack of two, so stock up while you can! 

Chocolate Croissant

These croissants are far cheaper than a ticket to France but still provide the same feeling of biting into a buttery, flakey and rich pastry from a small French bakery. Put one on a baking sheet before you sleep and wake up to a surprisingly large and fluffy, risen dough before you pop it into the oven. This warm and delicious pastry enrobes two bars of rich, melty chocolate and pairs well with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate. 

Cannoli Dip

If you haven’t gotten your hands on these before, what are you doing with your life? This sweet dip has a slight tinge of vanilla and pairs perfectly with any fruit. Coupling it with strawberries, in particular, makes it possibly the best dessert I’ve ever had. Paying homage to its name, TJ’s Cannoli Dip replicates the delectable filling within an Italian cannoli and goes well with Trader Joe’s Butter Waffle Cookies, achieving the same Italian cannoli taste at home.